Episode 91. The 3 Changes in LinkedIn
The depressingly cold and wet weather in the UK motivated me to take a week in the sun so this week we are on the road again in the Costa Del Sol in Spain (check out the view from my room!)
- Naomi Lewis wrote an article for ‘Look Magazine’ (see below)
- Here is the new LinkedIn sales tool called elink. It looks expensive but maybe an option to Autopilot if your market is very active on Twitter.
- A LinkedIn success story. A start-up founder got his funding by connecting and building trust with someone in Australia who knew someone who wanted to invest.
- Shocking sexist job ad by a company from Toronto that appeared on LinkedIn.
- Three changes to LinkedIn this week;
The main font and colour scheme has reverted to the dull black and grey scheme.
You can now embed link to a wider variety of media in LinkedIn published posts
Invitation ‘cards’ have been redesigned making it easier to see a customized message.
These and all future updates are always emailed to people who have registered for my FREE LinkedIn updates service at newfeature.in
I have found great success with my new VAR system.
V = View a profile (a high volume daily with autopilot)
A = Accept the invitation (assuming they are a prospect)
R = Reply to their invitation
It certainly works well for me, why not give it a try.
Question from James from the US
How does LinkedIn determine someone’s ‘function’ in advanced search on LinkedIn when there is no field in a profile for this?
ANS = The algorithm takes an educated guess based on a job title, it won’t be 100% correct but I have noticed that it’s a lot more accurate than it used to be.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time….