Episode 81. We Won!!!!
A big thank you to everyone that took the time to vote for the show, I feel very proud to have won the highly competitive ‘Management & Marketing’ category at the UK podcast awards this last week.
Here I am desperately trying to look relaxed with my hand in my pocket (sorry Mum) and trying to say something remotely sensible in my acceptance speech!
I had a fantastic time at the New Media Europe conference, not just because LinkedInformed won an award but also because I met some great people and saw some great speakers in action.
Here are the people I mention in this episode;
- Cliff Ravenscraft, The Podcast Answerman
- Chris Ducker, Youprenuer and outsourcing expert.
- Amy Schmittauer. Savvy, sexy social. An expert on YouTube
- Jonathan Tilley. For me, the best speaker at the event. Have a look at his TedX talk about creativity below
- The LinkedIn Sexism Scandal. A partner of a law firm replies to a LinkedIn invitation by complimenting a 27 year old female barrister on her profile picture. She took offence and posted his message and her response on Twitter….then things went a bit crazy!
- Is the new LinkedIn messaging feature actually a true instant messaging app? I still don’t have it but here is an article about it. If you have it, please let me know what you think. – leave a voice message or drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not using CrystalKnows then why on earth not, it’s amazing! While I’m on the subject you should also be using Autopilot, I’m getting amazing results from it.
- Reid Hoffman hints that LinkedIn groups are being rebuilt from scratch in this interview.
Violeta is somewhat underwhelmed with LinkedIn Slideshare’s new clipping feature, I couldn’t agree more – pretty much a ‘meh’ feature!
I personally use Evernote’s fantastic web clipper
That’s it for this week, a week when I have done plenty of celebrating as well as thinking on many occasions: This time last I was……..
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time….