Episode 78. What is a connection to you?
- Group Managers can now send unlimited messages to their members in the ‘participants’ section.
- LinkedIn release information from their economic graph regarding job migration.
- LinkedIn joins up with that famous ‘great leader'(?) Alex Ferguson to find great British business leaders (and help promote Ferguson’s book!).
- Blabbing with Blam.im. Krishna De has created some excellent instructional videos on blabbing here.
- You can now buy .gripe domains but LinkedIn.gripe is not available.
- SSI update, I think that to improve my ‘Engage with Insights’ score the following four areas are important;
- Status updates and published posts
- Comments and likes of both the above
- Discussion activity in groups
- InMail response rates
- What is a connection and does this change over time? The following post from a senior executive at Facebook got me thinking.
Is trimming your connections a good idea? I can see how it would help with engagement and that is a very important aspect of using LinkedIn but it would also reduce your opportunity for introductions. What do you think? Ping me your thoughts at email@example.com.
- Here a classic example of the lowering of standards on LinkedIn. Should company profiles like this be permitted on a B2B professional network? (explicit warning)
I have two profiles on LinkedIn, the one I don’t use only has three connections. How can I close this account?
ANS = see below, you go to your settings under the ‘Account’ tab
My question for you;
How many ‘Interesting’ quotes did I get away with?
Thanks for voting for the show.
If you haven’t yet you can do so by clicking on the image below
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time….