Episode 48. Commercial Use Limit Hell!
- Facebook is still the top social network. This survey reported that only 13% of LinkedIn users visit the site daily in comparison to 70% of Facebook users.
- Scammers are using LinkedIn as a way of bypassing corporate spam filters.
- LinkedIn will be launching new intra-company communication tools. Is this a move to counter Facebook at work?
- Beware of phishing emails purporting to be from LinkedIn that are designed to steal your username and password. Always use unique passwords, I use 1Password to help me manage this.
- The new LinkedIn search restrictions and how to get around them. This is mainly an issue for recruiters because the commercial use restriction appears to be 40-60 searches a month. Two viable alternatives to upgrading your account could be;
- 1 premium account per office (that everyone uses when needed)
- Google X-ray searching
- Premium accounts seem to have reverted to the previous options for some (including me!)
- How do you listen to the podcast? If you haven’t already why not subscribe on iTunes? That way you will get each episode downloaded onto your phone/device automatically each week.
- LinkedIn Recommendations – don’t be such a cynic!
- Help, I’m stuck in profile edit mode!
- ANS = No you’re not! This listener is referring to the new ‘permanent edit’ mode that LinkedIn recently introduced. You can view your profile as others would see it by clicking on the blue box at the top as seen below;
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time….