Episode 40. Social Selling with Darrel Griffin Pt2
This week we complete the interview with social selling expert Darrel Griffin (click on his picture below to see his LinkedIn profile).
Darrel’s model for success is called SPEND (statistics, purchasing journey, Edelman, next generation & digital disruption);
- 92% of B2B buyers start their search online (Salesforce)
- B2B buyers complete 57% of the buying decision before they are willing to talk to a sales rep (CEB)
- 75% of buyers say they use social media as part of the buying process (IBM)
- On average decision makers consume 5 pieces of content before being ready to speak to a sales rep (Chief Marketing Officer Council)
- 82% of our potential customers can be reached via social media (B2B Sales 2.0)
Click on the image for more information about Edelman’s trust barometer;
Here come the Millennials…
- 50% of the global workforce by 2020
- 75% of the global workforce by 2030
“Social media is by far the dominant way Millennials learn about things online.” (SDL)
Digital Disruption: Unleashing the Next Wave of Innovation
By James McQuivey
Thanks again to Darrel for taking the time and for sharing his knowledge – very interesting stuff! If you want to get in touch with Darrel his website can be found here and on Twitter he is @darrel_griffin.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time…..