Episode 33. Finding Love on LinkedIn?
- BeLinked. The new dating app that allows its users to find suitable dates via LinkedIn profiles. This makes perfect sense for BeLinked but is this a good idea for LinkedIn?
LinkedIn Partners With Kaplan On ‘Career Journey’ Programme
Irish judge allows papers to be served via LinkedIn account.
- Status updates gets 3x more views and comments when you post a picture as opposed to allowing a picture to show from a weblink. (see below)
The top update with an attached picture was posted at 8.45am on a Tuesday morning. The 2nd one with a link (containing the same picture) was posted at 8.45am the day before.
Here are the view numbers for the Monday update (the one with a link, the bottom of the above two);
And here are the stat’s for the one posted on the Tuesday with a picture attached;
As you can see there is a significant difference when an update has a picture attached, this must be down to the increased size and therefore it is more likely to get peoples attention.
- You can now change a group name by as much as 20 times. You just need to ask LinkedIn customer services.
- SWAM or MAG (Moderation across all groups) is currently running at 7 days so if you find yourself moderated you won’t have to wait long for it to be lifted.
- I have a quiz for you this week. How many different ways can you find advertised jobs on LinkedIn? Write to me at email@example.com or leave a voicemail with your answer
- Listener question. Why won’t LinkedIn allow me to invite my (3rd tier) ex colleagues to connect? Answer = If you search for them by name you will be able to connect. LinkedIn is trying to prevent you from connecting with people you don’t know and have found by keyword or company employee searching.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time…..