The Most Socially Engaged Recruitment Business
Welcome to episode 209, this week we have a pre-recorded interview with Kris Holland who is a Marketing Manager with a specialist recruitment business called Charlton Morris
Kris and I engaged on LinkedIn following on from my posts about content marketing as covered in episode 204. Kris was keen to explain that content marketing had been working well for them so I thought it would be great to get him on the show.
- Content should be designed to start conversations
- They measure success by engagement but also by looking at Buzzsumo
- It’s important to develop an understanding of the markets you service
- When you focus on narrow/niche vertical markets you can ‘tune in’ to your audience and really give value with your content. Recruiters should be doing this.
- Rule: Never sell in any content you post
- Great content allows their consultants to be seen differently and with more respect.
- Content creation forms can be a useful tool to help those who find writing difficult or time-consuming
- Articles often work better than in markets that involve complex or technical subjects
- Consultants become better at their job by understanding their vertical market and subjects that are relevant and interesting to their clients and candidates
Here is the LinkedIn article we often referred to in this interview.
I hope you found that an interesting interview. How many recruitment businesses do you know who focus this heavily on content and understanding their specialist markets?
Let me know if you are aware of any companies, in any sector that you believe are using content effectively on LinkedIn.
That’s it for this week, until next time.
Have a great week everyone.
PS New Service. I am now providing one to one coaching sessions. Click ‘Schedule a call’ and arrange a time to speak directly with me.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference are reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review on iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.