LinkedIn Communication – Live!
Welcome to episode 178, it’s been a busy week for me with several training sessions and a speaking gig. I knew I wouldn’t get time to produce an episode this week so I thought it might be interesting to hear the talk that I gave at a conference or ‘Symposium’ on effective communication.
Firstly and relevant to the subject of my talk, I saw this article and wondered what you would make of it.
Interesting Stuff I Saw This Week
- What does ‘viral’ actually mean?
- You really don’t need a ‘killer’ inspirational story. People mostly respond to interesting but ‘normal’ stories that they can relate to.
- Views are not a vanity metric. Your post ‘views in the feed’ number is a clear indication of how the algorithm distributes your post and this is an important thing to keep a check on.
- The point about creating a community makes perfect sense to me but this has nothing to do with posts on Linkedin – different issue.
- The headline of this post does strike me as being classic ‘click bait’ as the article isn’t really about why you shouldn’t be aiming for high views from your LinkedIn posts.
You can view the slides I used below
Here is a LinkedIn native video I posted on my way to Oxford.
That’s it for this week, don’t forget to leave a voicemail or email me with any questions or suggestions, till next time.
Have a great week everyone.
PS New Service. I am now providing one to one coaching sessions. Click ‘Schedule a call’ and arrange a time to speak directly with me.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.
demonstrating how this is done.