Your ‘New Design’ Questions Answered
Welcome to episode 137. Well, what a crazy week it’s been, quite possibly one of the world’s craziest weeks in living history!
I thought I would take this opportunity to answer some of the many questions you have been asking regarding the new desktop user interface.
Interesting Stuff I Saw This Week
LinkedIn Record is rumoured to be rolling out soon to all members. I haven’t seen any official confirmation of this from LinkedIn and I’m not exactly sure how it would work but the opportunity to post 30-second videos to our followers would be great!
You can read the article I refer to here;
Facebook have announced that they will provide ways to advertise job openings on business pages. Journalists are getting excited thinking that this is in some way a threat to LinkedIn not realising that the majority of LinkedIn’s success in recruiting is through its search capabilities, not recruitment advertising!
You can read about it here;
A new scam email has been circulating recently which encourages you to verify your identity with LinkedIn. This is fake and an attempt to steal your identity – be careful!
You can read the full article here;
This is not a scam but a product that is getting a lot of people excited….. Apart from me!
For “Just” $1497 of your hard-earned cash, you can buy a lifetime subscription to this product that has three elements to it.
- A three module training program (which will be out of date when the new UI is released)
- A messenger software extension that will allow you to send Messages to all of your connections on a rotational basis (spam in my opinion and against linkedIn’s terms)
- An Implementation Group (Facebook group with other customers)
I have several problems with this product;
- The price reflects the fact that it is sold via an affiliate network and not the actual value of the product.
- The messenger software will not work with the new user interface (and may never)
- The limited time offer is somewhat suspicious given that we know that LinkedIn is about to undergo a massive change.
These are just my opinions and you should take a look yourself at linkedinselling.com rather than just take my word for it.
Given the imminent changes with LinkedIn, I would not advise anybody to buy any product of this nature (good or bad) until the new user interface is fully released.
The new UI – your questions
In this episode, I provide answers, the best I can, to the following questions that were sent to me. Play the episode (top of this page) to listen to my answers.
- Which of the 17 missing features will return?
- I have a business plus account. Is it worth keeping this account now that the new user interface is coming?
- Can I opt out of the new UI?
- I saw Pro-Finder in the menu in your video does this mean that it’s now available outside of the US?
- Do we still see a public profile URL in the new LinkedIn profile?
- Is the search function exactly the same as it is in the mobile app?
That’s it for this week, don’t forget to leave a voicemail or email me with any questions or suggestions, till next time.
Have a great week everyone.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.