Building An Authentic Brand on LinkedIn. With Simon Bourne
Welcome to episode 207, this week I had the pleasure of chatting with Simon Bourne from The Hand Dyed Shoe Company. Simon is a classic example of what can be achieved when you use LinkedIn to develop an authentic personal brand.
Here is the Tepilo advert that Simon referred to
This is the post I referred to with the story about a PhD student
- LinkedIn has a massive untapped potential to develop your brand
- Simon developed his visibility because he posted honest, authentic content about his personal and business journey.
- LinkedIn success is not about View or Share Numbers it’s about the reaction you get from followers, on and offline.
- Quote “it’s not about selling your products, it’s about developing your brand”.
- You can be more promotional with your posts once you have built an engaged audience.
- The power of storytelling. Authentic stories are the way to develop a brand, you must stir emotion to gain engagement.
- Never follow what other people do on LinkedIn. Be you and show your authentic emotions.
- Once you are visible and your followers are emotionally invested in you, it becomes relatively straightforward to sell to them.
This is a great question but I’m not sure I have a great answer for you!
You should be able to influence the algorithm by commenting and liking content but I have also noticed that this is not working as it should at the moment…possibly a glitch or maybe they have changed the algorithm (which would be crazy)
You could try sending those you wish to see in your feed a direct message. I have found this works (if they reply).
That’s it for this week, until next time.
Have a great week everyone.
PS New Service. I am now providing one to one coaching sessions. Click ‘Schedule a call’ and arrange a time to speak directly with me.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference are reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review on iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.