Episode 123. Microsoft Want Our Data!
Welcome to episode 123, I’m back in my office this week with plenty to talk about.
Interesting stuff I saw this week
LinkedIn are in the process of rolling out a new feature that automatically makes you a follower of someone when you invite them to connect. If that member subsequently rejects your invitation by selecting ‘ignore’ then you will cease to be a follower.
In addition, LinkedIn have made a change to the wording they use for publishing a post. The link at the top of your home page is changing from this;
- Interview with Jeff Weiner where he refers to some skills endorsements having a greater value than others.
- New profile views limit warning. Does this mean that LinkedIn are now tracking views by the IP address used? This could be a problem to those using Google searching as a workaround to the commercial use limit.
The Microsoft Takeover
- Salesforce Would Have Bid ‘Much Higher’ for LinkedIn
- Skype’s evolution at Microsoft could hint at plans for LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Acquires PointDrive to Drive Social Selling Efforts Forward
This week’s cool thing has nothing to do with LinkedIn…..but it’s still very cool!
No question this week but look out for next week’s episode which will be an AFQ special!
That’s it for this week, don’t forget to leave a voicemail or email me with any questions or suggestions, till next time.
Have a great week everyone.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.